Monday, September 17, 2007

Humbled

One of my friends, Deepika told me about their hostel terrace. I'd love it if you could read what she'd written about it here

So when i finally got the opportunity to stay a night in the hostel, i knew i had to go up there. As soon as i reached the terrace my heart was on a race. I was overwhelmed and i found myself speechless. Soon after,me and my friends just layed down and faced the sky. All i could see was the clouds looking back at me. Nothing else. It was a starless night. Every emotion, every tear found it's way out. I dont think i'll every forget that starless night. That starless night that claimed it's existance. That starless night that won my heart. We spent some time there and my body refused to move. At that moment, the cold wind could not stop me and my friends could not stop me from staying a bit longer. I didnt want that moment to end. At that moment i was humbled.

I'm lying down on the terrace
And the sky is all i see.

A fallen sky on a fallen night
I learnt what life meant to me.

Lost in this bliss of solitude
I fight the cold inside.

My emotions are tangled
Lord make them untied.

I feel like a star, hidden tonight
Looking at myself lying down below.

"My girl, what's on your mind?
I cant see your glow."

Dear star, I'm humbled today
Dear moon, i've learnt to pray.

Truely and deeply for those whom i love
Knelt down in prayer to my Lord above.

-annette

2 comments:

Ryan said...

beautiful annette....

Sometimes it happens. A worm hanging on the underside of a leaf made me wonder..

gravity said...

Yes. I love those moments. Intriguing aint it?