Friday, April 18, 2008

Embrace the cross

Embrace the cross, you Christian Soldier;
Hold on to what is pure and right.
Though the world may not embrace her,
Hold on soldier, hold on tight.

I pray that I can see, O Master;
I pray that Thou grantest me sight.
That I may walk through dark,hereafter;
Shine on me,Thy glorious Light.

Embrace the cross, you Christian Soldier;
Hold on to what is pure and right.
Though the world may not embrace her,
Embrace her with me day and night!

Embrace the cross, you Christian Soldier
The world today has gone astray.
Though none agree to embrace her with you,
Remember that Christ leadeth the way.

My heart leaps for joy, to serve Thee;
For goodness and strength I to Thee pray.
Embrace the cross, O Christian Soldier,
For He will lift your burden away.

Embrace the cross, O Christian Soldier;
Await the Lord in that precious hour.
For then the world will fear His presence,
Then the world will feel His power.

And everything that has breath will praise the Lord.
Every being,every leaf, every flower.
Embrace the cross, O Christian soldier;
For the Lord our God will reign forever!
-Annette

No comments: